He Y'all! I had a successful trip to Cali and back. It was great to see and visit with my family.
Friday:
We really had a great time in the car on the way up. We sang at the top of our lungs and Gary taught us how to imitate Chewbacca! The reception was HOT! It was about 100 degrees in the backyard, but that didn't stop us from dancing! They served cake and ice cream sundaes, which led to the next disaster. It was after 9:00pm and we really wanted a NICE restaurant to sit down at. Well we LOVED driving around Redland's looking for a place to eat, especially Gary! We finally ended up at Chipotle (fast food, not what we had a in mind). And later that night when a cockroach crawled on Taryn's leg in Tina's hotel room, we really fell in love with the city. I am not sure anything can top our breakfast the next morning, where they refused to serve me scrambled egg whites, then brought me a yellow pancake that tasted like a cardboard box! All sarcasm aside, let's say I won't be jumping up to go to Redland's anytime soon!
Saturday:
Tina, Gary, Kim and I went to the Cabazon outlets. Tina and Kim scored on cute purses at Fossil and Tina found some great work clothes at Van Heusen. I am kicking myself for not buying Leah a backpack at Osh Kosh for only $9.00. Oh well. We finally made it back to Tina's, where we rested for about a half hour then went and got mani/pedi's and mini massages. Nice! After that we went shopping again and again I bought nothing... I swear I have issues with spending money. After shopping we met Gary at Musashi's. An awesome Japanese Steakhouse. We enjoyed sushi and delicious lobster, filet mignon, shrimp, steak and chicken! Our chef was quite the entertainer, throwing shrimp across the room into people's pockets! I ate real sushi for the first time.. when I say real I mean raw. That was followed up by crab legs and then finally a good nights sleep.
Sunday:
I ate a chiken fajita pita from Jack in the box for brunch, then headed off to the airport and home. Ed picked me up and we hung out with Shelly & Steve for a little while. It's always nice to come home!
Thank you for a a great weekend Tina, Gary and Kim. I will come again the next time of you promise me we won't be in Redlands!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
To Cali and Back
Posted by Ambie T. at 8:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Where on earth were you staying in Redlands?! Ren's parents live there and I've never seen a cockroach or had problems with my eggs or pancakes. :) In my experience, it's a quiet little town--hot, but nice. Sorry you had a bad experience.
ambie loves drama!
Lanna- we were at the Best Western. We wanted to have breakfast at the Wild Rabbit, which had a website and menu and everything so we got the address and they weren't even there anymore! So ended up going to the Redland's Family Restaurant. I just expected more since it was Cali. oh well!
Anonymous-
Did someone tell you that was my middle name???
Who is anonymous?
Who knows...
Post a Comment