I remember like it was yesterday. Waking up in the morning and hearing very confused radio hosts talking about an incident in NY. I flipped on the news and couldn't believe what I was seeing. A 747 crashed into the WTC? Then another in the other tower? What was going on? I am thinking "Oh no, L.A. is surely gonna be hit by something, too." Thank goodness for me and my family nothing hit the west coast. But all the loss on the east coast was unbearable. Like most Americans I think I remained glued to the TV much of the day. Was this really happening? I was fine all day until that evening there was a reporter helping a lady search for her husband. I don't remember which network it was but I remember this poor woman frantically searching the city and hearing that her husband was at this hospital, then he was spotted here or there and finally... they bump into each other on the street and hold one another so as to never let go. I lost it! It was just too much and all too real.
Take at least a small moment today to remember those who fight for our freedom. Remember those whose blood was shed that we may continue to enjoy our families and live in this great nation. I am proud to be an American, but more grateful for the freedoms that I have as a citizen of this great country.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Remembering 9/11
Posted by Ambie T. at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Well said Amber! Well said.
Post a Comment