Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hospital Billing Woes

Can you hear me? I'm screaming!

I hate dealing with insurance and hospitals when it comes to billing. I have been on the phone way too long with both parties verifying and contesting information. Well I am finally ready to call the hospital (again) and chew them out for OVER BILLING us and of course they are closed! It is a good thing I am insurance literate! My mom taught me that practically everything in this life is negotiable... especially hospital bills!

Can you hear me now? I'm counting to ten and calming down so I can go upstairs and have a happy evening with my family!

I do have some really cute pics to put up on the blog. I'll get to them pretty soon!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

We know, we had Elijah 4 months ago. It took a lot of annoying calls. Sorry Ambie! Hopefully you will get it straighted out!

Anonymous said...

Like Mother like Daughter.....you will definitely be successful....you go girl!

Lanna said...

I hate to say it, but welcome to Utah. I had a multitude of problems with my insurance companies in Utah. When I called the insurance bureau to lodge a complaint and ask for help, they said that the individual companies could make up rules as they went. I usually ended up on the losing end of that unfair game. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Thanks all. We were shocked to find out that out premium DOUBLED when we moved here. I totally thought that you couldn't get much more expensive than Cali. I was dead wrong.

Emily said...

Sorry to hear about your Health insurance woes. It's funny how each state has it's own price roster for things... in Texas milk is priced out the window. I have seen it has high as $6 a gallon. I thought there were lots of cows in Texas, what gives? Gas on the other hand is a lot lower than in AZ, right now I have seen it as low as $2.25. I guess it all evens out in the long run.