Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sick and Thriving

After a not so pleasant 4:30am feed with poor little Calista barely able to breathe while she nursed because of her congested nose and cough I broke down and took her to the DR's this morning. Good news... it's just a regular cold. Nothing in the ears or lungs so I can keep doing what I have been doing (nasty saline drops in the nose) and let it run its course. Better news... this little munchkin weighs 8 lbs & 4 oz! Can you believe that? She was 5 lbs & 10 oz at birth and then she was 6 lbs even at two weeks. Also at two weeks she had grown an inch, but they didn't measure her today. She is six weeks old now.

Anyways, we all have a little of the crud. Naomi is napping right now and I am ready for one myself. This is an odd time of year to be sick, but there is something going around. What else should I expect in a state where kids outnumber adults 3 to 1???

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sick infants... one of the worst things in the world. You just feel so bad for them, and wish that you could take their place and be sick for them!

Ambie T. said...

True- although it doesn't help in my case, since I am sick too! There is something going around.