Our story is not typical by LDS standards... at all!
I met Ed at Leah's 1st birthday party while still living with my mom.
He was friends with my oldest sister Tina and liked my cousin.
I was super young and "inactive" so flash forward 2 years...
I move in with Tina and start to attend church.
After I gain a testimony of my own, my life has new meaning.
It was hard being the only single mother in a Young Single Adult branch,
but I dealt with it (and am stronger for it!) I thought to myself that
I would like to marry someone like Ed since I
was sure I couldn't have the real deal.
Well a couple of months and 3 secret dinners later...
we start dating. It was only a few weeks before Ed tried
to break it off. His family didn't approve of me and
all these girls were coming out of the woodwork
with broken hearts. I said NO WAY! He had the
choice to make other people happy or himself happy.
4 months later with a nudge from Bishop Brown
he proposed! Of course I said YES!
3 crazy months after that... there we were!
then sealed to Leah for time
&
all eternity!
April 14, 2001



Leah is the most fortunate in this story.She has a whole family and is greatly loved.
She has a great example to look toward when dating.
We compliment eachother quite well.
That's our story... and we're stickin' with it!
Thank you again Emily for this challenge.





7 comments:
So cute Amber, so glad we could be there for the sealing. It was such a special day!
I love your story, Amber. I'm glad that Ed decided to follow his heart.
what a great story amber. The men who marry single moms are the best. My stepdad married my mom and her 3 kids 23 years ago and she has never been happier. congrats-and you both definitely compliment each other.
Cute wedding pictures Amber! The recent photo of you and Ed is very cute too. We miss you guys...I can't believe it's been almost a year since you moved to UT.
I always love a happily-ever-after story! What a fabulous pair you make!
Great wedding pics! What a lucky little family to have found each other!
Love to story and the pictures! I found your blog through Emily's. Cute family!!
Post a Comment