Saturday I broke my tail bone and fractured the L1 vertabrae in my spine :-( I can't believe it. We were at the local gym for Leah's birthday party and Ed and I were asked to participate in a race with the kids. Needless to say I jumped from the last trampoline and landed from 10 feet in the air in a sitting position on one of the flimsy blue mats that was covering the concrete floor. I spent the rest of the night in the ER. I missed the rest of Leah's party and can't pick Calista up. I am in constant pain whether I am lying, sitting, or standing. My Doc has me on an 800mg Ibuprofen regimen along with Lortab at night. I am totally bummed out and feel helpless in a way I have never known before. Doc says the first two weeks will be the worst, but not to expect to feel good for at least 8 weeks. To any of you bed-ridden out there... you have company!
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
SHUT UP AMBER! What in the heck happened! I am so sorry you don't feel well, I hope that you recover soon and are able to get back on your feet. Back issues are the worse (my mom has suffered with back pain for years) and I know how they can effect the person involved and the family. You poor thing! Get well!!
You are one crazy girl! I can just imagine you doing the trampoline race with the kids:) I'm sorry to hear you're hurting...that is especially hard when so many depend on you to take care of them. I hope you get back on your feet soon and feel better.
OUCH!!
Feel better.
Becky and Larry
Holy Cow!! That hurts just reading about it! I guess Leah will always remember the birthday party when Mom had to go to the ER. :) Maybe we can laugh about it in 5-10 years?? Recover quickly!!
Thanks guys! The anti-inflammatory is really helping. My worst times are getting into bed at night and getting out of bed in the morning. I am looking forward to the morning when I wake up with no pain. I really appreciate the support from friends and family.
Holy crap, Amber!! I'm so sorry. I hope you recover quickly. ((Hugs))
Post a Comment