Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Better late than never!

Self Portrait ChallengeHere I am!

I typically like CHANGE
(not the kind you find in your couch!)
I am not much of a scheduler.
(I am 5 days late doing this!)
I try to take life as it comes.
I am a pretty optimistic person.
(Except yesterday!)
I am a 25 year old mother of 3.
I am wife to the greatest man ever!
I am trying to better tolerate his sports.
I love my sisters, we are so goofy.
I love my brother, sans childhood barbie torching!
I am daughter to a wonderful father.
I am my mother's daughter, and proud of it!
I love my family!
I try not to unfairly judge people, as I know how it feels.
I have lots of friends and love them all.
I try to learn something from everyone I know.
I love music and I love to sing.
I love silly movies and love to ad-lib them!
I am not a late night person.
I have turned into a hermit, content in my home.
I like to cook and bake, too much!
I have started a garden for the first time.
I love watching the sprouts grow.
I have lots of favorite everythings!
I am a recycler.
I can be lazy at times.
(I am notorious for throwing things down the stairs!)
I am a GREAT starter!
(Finishing is another story!)
I can be too restrictive at times.
(I am learning to let this go, thanks Ed!)
I can be overbearing and outspoken at times.
(I am trying to work on that.)
I am very imperfect...
and I am okay with that!
I am no longer captive to guilt...
(over things I did or didn't do.)
I know that all I am required to offer is my best...
I know that my best is enough!
I beleive the atonement of Christ works for me!
I could go on and on, and in a hour I will remember somethings that I should have put in here, but didn't. Oh, well! I am constantly changing anyways! Thanks for the challenge Emily. To view the other ladies who participated in the Self Portrait Challenge visit Emily's blog.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks Amber, it was so fun to read about you!

rachel said...

Always a cutie!! Thanks for letting us play at your house over spring break!

Anonymous said...

Amber,

Your picture looks beautiful. Your thoughts on the atonement are as always an inspiration. ((Hugs))

rachel said...

Wait a second....isn't a self portrait one you took YOURSELF?? :)

Emily said...

Rachel, YEAH! Hey, Amber, you had better not have the excuse of having very long arms.

Ambie T. said...

I am such an airhead! The thought that is was a "self" portrait didn't even enter my mind (even though that is the title)! At least it's a cute picture, and not bad for Ed's only attempt. Wait a minute, since we are figuratively "one" doesn't he count as me? Hmmm... J/K!

Anonymous said...

I love it! That has to be the best picture I have seen of you in a long time! Love it!~Kimba~

rachel said...

Ha, Ha!! Well you better do extra credit on Mrs. Loria's next assignment!! :)

Emily said...

Yeah, the next one is sometime next month. Get ready y'all.