Monday, June 04, 2007

Kill de wabbit...

Warning!
This post contains GRAPHIC images!
On Saturday the 30th Ed flew to ABQ and Kim picked him up from the airport where he took the driver's seat and drove her and the kids here. They made excellent time, completing the trip from ABQ in 12 hours!
They only "hit a few bumps in the road" on their trip. (Pun intended!) At one point on the drive Kim started to doze off when she felt a BUMP, BUMP. "Ed what was that?" she inquired. "A jack-rabbit" Ed responds. Ewe... A few hours later Kim is dozing again when she feel a BUMP, BUMP, SWERVE. "Ed what was that?" To her dismay Ed says "A big black cat!" "Yuck!" says Kim and she doesn't doze off again. Several hours later they finally make it to our house when Ed and Kim get out of the car Ed says "Kim- DON'T LOOK!" Of course she looks and she sees...
The jack rabbit made the trip all the way from Colorado!
It's disemboweled, stuck-on body hung in there...
Since it was 2:30 in the morning we decided we would remove the little sucker in the morning with a shovel. Low and behold as we joked to the kids about their breakfast hanging from the car... it was GONE! One of the neighborhood cats had a delicious snack! My apologies to whomever of my neghbors found this disgusting varmit on their porch!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber,

At first I was just grossed out, but I must admit they ending to the story was pretty funny!

Emily said...

gross.

Ambie T. said...

Ed has a theory about the cat... He says that the cat was trying to get the rabbit that was hanging off the car. You know, like bait on a fishing pole!

Lizzardo said...

I too was shocked at first and then found humor in the end. The first thing I thought of when I heard about the 2nd animal was the old woman who swalled the fly. I suppose you don't know why the van swallowed that fly?

Amber said...

That is disgusting yet comical at the same time...gotta love road kill.