We have been enjoying the warm spell and have been spending most of our days outside. (That is why I have not been posting.) Next week when it cools back down I will get some posts of our activities up. Here is what we have been doing:
Last week I started to clean out my planter boxes in the front and we pulled out a huge shrub. We are almost done out there.
We started pruning fruit trees on Monday. As of yesterday, we are done with the peach, plum, pear, cherry and 2 apple trees in the backyard. Today we will tackle the HUGE apple tree in the front yard. Wish us luck! This thing hasn't been pruned in 10+ years. I will take before and after pictures.
Wednesday I slipped down our stairs in the garage. (Sorry no pictures, I am sure it looked hilarious!) Good news is there were only three of them! Bad news... they are concrete. I didn't get too banged up, nothing a good nights sleep didn't cure! Oh and by the way... the slippers you wear on your feet are called 'slippers' for a reason!
I better get cleaning so I can spend the rest of my day outside, again!
Friday, March 16, 2007
We're outside, NATURALLY!
Posted by Ambie T. at 7:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How do you learn to prune trees? We have several trees in the backyard also but I don't know the least about taking care of them! Luckily they have a drip going to each of them so I won't kill them by dehydration! I hope you have a wonderful harvest at the end of the summer!
Hope your bum is ok.
Wow, you're keeping busy with all those fruit trees! How cool to have all that fruit though. Good luck getting all the work done and be careful when wearing those slippers:)
Our next door neighbor is a garden master. He told Ed what to do and Ed did it. It is quite nice!
Post a Comment